This morning as I was brushing my teeth, I was thinking of people I dislike. The people I can't stand to be around. * a humbling thought dawned upon me* Don't you just love those?
I thought about how we are all God's enemies before we come to know Him. Yet, he sent His Son to die for us. Talk about loving your enemies. Furthermore, God commands us to love our enemies;"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those
who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat
you " - Luke 6: 27-28
Ok, so, not only do I have to love my enemies, I have to do good to them? Bless them? Pray for them? Yes, yes, (insert my name here :) you do.
I know this sounds like one of those "Sunday school lessons" that only kids under the age of 6 get taught but, don't we all need this reminder? I mean really, how many times a day do you bad mouth, give a rude comment to, or even physically offend someone that just makes you cringe? In all honesty I do that quite a bit. To much. May I ask that you pray for me? Pray that I will learn, and relearn to love my enemies. I would appreciate it. :)
Now, lets go love our enemies.
Blessings,
tinyheart




No comments:
Post a Comment