Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The defenition of love.

Love. It's one of those over used words that should be used a whole lot more...you know what I mean?
Love's a complicated thing,yet it's so simple. It can be twisted and turned so many different ways.

There's the "Taylor Swift Kinda Love",as I like to call it. :) Where everything turns out perfect and you get married and go live in a castle and have a bunch of cute kids. Or some jerk leaves you crying a river of tears,eating pineapple, and listening to 'It's The End Of The World',by R.E.M because it makes you feel happy. (Ok,ok, maybe not like that but....you get the picture. ;)) 
Then there's the kind of  love that's um,"pleasure love",if you will.....think Usher. (Probably a bad example but it's kinda true....)  

So with so many different definitions of love,where do you find the true definition? 1 John 3:16 gives us the answer."We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us."-John 3:16. Jesus showed true love when he gave up his life for all who would believe in him. He didn't have to do that for us. But,he did. He obeyed his father and went to the cross. He bore the rath of God that we might be set free. Free from the prison of our sin. He died for us; the dirty,ugly sinners we are. He was perfect with no sin. Yet he died for the very beings that rejected him. The ones he created. 

That,my friends,is true love. :) 

Written with love and a smile,
tinyheart

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to say I am in love... it's not "Taylor Swift" kinda love, CERTAINLY NOT an "Usher" kinda love... it's TRUE love. God sent me the man that I feel he wants me to be with, 9 months ago. We have our arguments, and we have bad days. But at the end of everyday, we would never want anyone else. I'm truly blessed to know what true love is.
    Love this post!
    God Bless,
    Rachel Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And you have been awarded on my blog! :)
    Check it out here:
    http://communication-amplified.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-first-award.html
    God Bless!
    -Rachel Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen pictures of the two of you on your blog,very sweet :) He seems like a great young man.

    ReplyDelete